Monday, February 5, 2007

Heart Gallery OC Gala


Sat. night was the Heart Gallery OC gala and it was a smashing success. The event was held at Mariners Church in Irvine. The evening included yummy food, a silent auction, videos of children in foster care waiting for their forever families as well as portraits beautifully displayed around the room. I had the opportunity to share my family's story of foster/adoption and encourage those in attendance to look into what they could do to impact the lives of children in the foster care system. I just added two links to my blog that will take you to the heart gallery for both L.A. and Orange county so check those out for more information! A big thank you to all my friends & family for always supporting me over and above the call of duty. You guys are truly the best and made the night even more memorable.

3 comments:

::Traci:: said...

Um ... so I realize it was the middle of the night and all, and you must have so tired from all of that partying, but you SPELT MY NAME WRONG! Hello!

You know were the edit button is! ;-)

bek said...

i know i know, i'm a bad friend...traci with an "i"...i blame it on the time. and....isn't spelt actually spelled?? he he :-)

::Traci:: said...

Actually, "spelt" is in the dictionary, though right after I wrote it I assumed you would comment on that & I did consider going back to change it.

American Heritage Dictionary - spelt 2 (spělt) Pronunciation Key
v. A past tense and a past participle of spell.

Anyway, the TV thingy was not working for me either, but then I was showing Jay what I did last night w/ the photos it just popped up, so maybe slide fixed something on that end. You should try applying it again and seeing if it works.