Sunday, May 25, 2008

A day in D.C.

Being that we are in this wonderful era of technology I did a little weather researching for my trip to D.C. to "pack appropriately"...well, unfortunately all the technology in the world is not fool proof when it comes to weather...and the "78 sunny skies" was not to be. Needless to say, I didn't pack anything remotely warm and found myself freezing my tush off as Greg and I were walking the Mall. I finally got to the point where misery was setting in and poor Greg was getting the brunt of it (notice I'm wearing his jacket and he's wearing short sleeves - go figure!). We rushed to Union station where I proceeded to buy a turtle neck and thick sweater so we could head back in to the elements and enjoy the rest of our day. Once I donned my final defense against the cold - five dollar gloves from a street vendor - we continued our tour of the monuments and the memorials. Lots of walking but so many incredible things to see. We're definitely going to have to go back b/c we didn't get a chance to do any of the museums. There's just too much to see & do.

No comments: