Monday, July 16, 2007

Welcome to Mrs. International 2007


After a hair raising taxi ride from Midway airport, I've finally arrived in one piece to my hotel and ready to begin the exciting journey of competing for Mrs. International 2007. The pageant officially started off with an orientation Mon. evening where we met fellow contestants and were prepped on what to expect for the week ahead. I met my roommate, Heather Rabending, Mrs. Alabama and was relieved to know she was/is a truly sweet young woman. We had fun that evening sharing stories and our wardrobe ideas for the week :-) Greg and the rest of the family will be flying in on Thurs. just in time for prelims and finals but for now the week will be filled with fun events like an autograph signing at the Gurnee mall and a visit to St. Vincent de Paul Children's center. Stay tuned for more pics....

3 comments:

Angela said...

You are amazing! I am so proud and happy for you!!!! Yea Jesus!!!

Hilary Gushwa said...

Congrats on winning Mrs. International! I am so excited for you, and the journey you're about to embark on. I hope the next year is filled with more wonderful suprises, friendships, and memories. I am looking forward to seeing you in just a couple of weeks! :)
~With love, Hilary Gushwa

Matt and Sara said...

Congrats and good luck Bek! Have a great week. I look forward to catching up soon. Love, Sara Harms