Thursday, December 20, 2007

Camp Pendleton Christmas Party

Click to play Camp+Pendleton+Christmas
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a photobook - it's easy!

I had the opportunity to join Cypress Church in throwing a Christmas party for the Marines at Camp Pendleton. I was asked to kick start the event with the National Anthem, of which I am especially honored to sing for these types of events. I also had the opportunity to join in the Church's band and sing an array of songs from "Sweet Home Alabama" to "Silent Night". It was fun seeing they guys having a good time eating plates full of smoked turkey with all the sides, checking out the Corvettes that were brought for display, and taking part in some games we provided...and they were competitive as I'll get out...should I be surprised? ;-)
When there are 130$ gift cards at stake that certainly upped the ante. I judged a singing contest, and cheered them on in their Santa Sleigh race course. It was a wonderful afternoon and was a blessing to share the Christmas spirit with so many who won't get the chance to be with family during this time.

No comments: