Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Our Trek to West Yellowstone...

Call us crazy...we're taking an 18 hour road trip with the babies! Not all at once of course. We're taking three days to get to our ultimate destination, Yellowstone Nat'l Park. Yellowstone holds very fond memories for me. As a child my family vacationed here every summer. Greg has never been so I'm especially excited to share this bit of my childhood with him. We were able to get permission to take the girls with us so they wouldn't have to be disrupted and put into respite care. It definitely was an experience packing for two babies and making sure we had everything we'd possibly need...We rented a mini van so we'd have plenty of room and my parents are with us, which has been a true blessing. They sit in the back and entertain the babies while we navigate the roads. So, today our destination was St. George, Utah...about a six hour trip. Our fabulous friends let us borrow a computer connection to keep us on line while on the road, so here we are driving and blogging. I actually might keep up on the blog more b/c I'm detained to a seat for so many hours. The girls are doing great, sleeping for the most part...and praise God for Baby Einstein dvd's...G absolutely is fascinated by them which helps when she starts getting a bit antsy. Tomorrow...Bear Lake, Utah...
Explanation of the picture...I have been known to be the rescuer of all animals from tarantulas and crows to your domestic dog and cat. For some reason, they seem to seek me out. I guess today was no different. We were just about packed in the car to go when two pit bulls meandered down the street and the one just hopped right in the car and sat in the drivers seat. Fortunately, they were incredibly sweet dogs that just wanted to go for a ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I am glad it's working! Crazy to have a connection in the middle of nowhere, no?

Got your text about our fav. rocking chair - very cool that you found it (without looking).

Anyway - we be praying!