Friday, August 17, 2007

Mrs. Cali group photo


On Fri. afternoon I took pictures with the ladies vying for the title of Mrs. California International. Although our numbers were smaller this year, it was a competitive group of ladies.
Here are the ladies in order of the group shot:
Kari Jackson (Bakersfield), Natalia Miller (Desert Hot springs), Melanie Demure (El Dorado Hills), Tiffany Garvin (Folsom), Me, Helene Morris (Fullerton), Vicki Trudel (Rancho Cucamonga), Stevi McShane (Sacramento), Tamala Kelly (San Gabriel), Janice McQueen Ward (Santa Monica).
The two girls with me in the pictures are my little proteges :-) Actually, Rachel was a former 8th grade student of mine that contacted me a year or so ago interested in doing pageants. I've had such a wonderful time mentoring her...and not just in regards to pageantry. She choose the platform "Abstinence Education - you're worth the wait" and I'm so proud of her and her accomplishments leading up to this week. Kelsey decided just two weeks ago that she was going to participate...she's never done a pageant let alone seen one! But, she really wanted to try it out for the experience and I was very proud of her courage going into something so foreign and without the help of any family. Though she didn't have the family support that most teens have she had my whole family as well as Rachel's rooting her on and I think she realizes she's going to be able to accomplish whatever she sets her sights on.

1 comment:

The Zandi Zoo said...

WOW! Gooo Kelsey! That is great!