Saturday, August 25, 2007

Santa Fe, NM Heart Gallery Garden Party


What a day! It began at 4:45 am. when I got up to get ready to head out to the Long Beach airport with my mom for Santa Fe, New Mexico. We arrived with plenty of time, checked in our luggage, boarded our plane, headed out to the runway and then....the engines turned off??? The captain came on informing us that all planes were grounded as there was a major storm moving through Phoenix, the aftermath of hurricane Dean... and he had no idea when we would be able to depart. Two hours later, yes that's right, two hours of sitting on the tar mack, we finally headed out for Phoenix. Unfortunately, we had a connecting flight that we missed due to the delay which ended up putting us in too late for me to make my first appearance. I was bummed that I wasn't able to get there in time for the public plaza event, but alas, what can one do? Fortunately, I at least made it for the second event, which was the garden party held for all the galleries across the nation to kick of our first ever Heart Gallery of America conference. It was in an amazing gallery, with tasty food, marimba players and other entertainment as well as different speakers, including yours truly. It was a wonderful networking event and I met many of the movers and shakers that founded the gallery. I'm tired but the trip was well worth it!! Tomorrow is a free day and then we head into workshops Mon/Tues.

No comments: