Tuesday, July 8, 2008

One final appearance

Other than my upcoming week at Mrs. International which is less than one week away...I had my final appearance as Mrs. Int'l at a "Go Red for Women" luncheon in Los Angeles. The day was filled with an expo where I had my finger pricked to find my "numbers" - cholesterol, LDL, BMI, etc...there were booths offering heart healthy samples of snacks and pamphlets to inform of heart disease being the number one killer of women. After the expo, I was invited to be a guest at a wonderful luncheon, along with my mom and Eddie Peterson, the director of the California Int'l pageants. They had several inspirational speakers but the one that truly stood out to me was a young lady (17 yrs. old) who suffered from a stroke at age 15. She had insight beyond her years and gave an amazing recount of her story. Kate Jackson (former Charlie's Angel) also spoke as she also faced a major heart surgery. It's been a pleasure to partner with the Go Red Campaign...I've definitely learned a lot myself and encourage you to visit the American Heart Association for more information on a Go Red Campaign in your area.

No comments: