Thursday, July 24, 2008

Union League Boys and Girls Club





The new PR firm is doing such a wonderful job of keeping me very busy this week at Mrs. Int'l. One of the appearances was speaking at the Smart girls program at the Boys & Girl's club on the west side of Chicago. I truthfully can say I have never gotten such a reception as these girls gave me. You would have thought Julia Roberts came into the room. I was able to share some encouraging words with them and hopefully inspired them to continue pursuing their dreams. Of course the crown made quite an impression and each lady tried in on as it was passed around the room. I think that's my favorite part about the crown - letting little girls try it on b/c the look they have when they are wearing it is priceless. After that we made crowns which they each decorated and insisted I autographed...I always think inside "who am I" that they would want my signature but the teacher said they rarely get visitors at their club and this was really special for them. I bet they didn't realize it was truly special for me too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deanna Maria said...

Thank you for being such a beautiful person & Mrs International!!!! You truly are such a class act and I am honored to have met you.

With lots of love and many blessings~

Deanna Linz

(MRS DC INT'L 2008)