Thursday, June 14, 2007

Board & Batton Builders


As I've said before...owning a home brings lot's o little projects that seem to never end. I'm always dreaming up little ways to try to make our home the little cottage I've always wanted...a little tricky when you live smack dab in the middle of the city in a 1947 home that isn't so "cottagy" (is that even a word?) At any rate, some of you may have noticed the house color has changed...it used to be yellow and we went with a light chocolate brown with black accents. Of course no cottage is complete without shutters. Being the frugal shopper I am, I was not about to pay 35$/pr. for some vinyl plastic paintable shutters so my wonderful hubby volunteered (ok he was a bit coerced) to build them for me. He is a keeper! I think they turned out adorably... and that's really all that matters since I'm the one who has to live here :-) I even got in on the fun, I painted the boards and I even painted our old wicker chairs from the natural color to black...only four more windows to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome uh Traci!!! I wanted to surprise your hubby so he doesn't even know that I worked on it today...
Hope you are having a good day:)
greg

::Traci:: said...

Here's the plan: we pack up everything (including your kitchen) and we move to CO or WY and we build huge cottages with wrap around porches & rocking chairs so we can sit out every morning, listen to Beth Moore, drink tea and adoringly stare at our view of the Rockies (or some beautiful valley in WY). We'll be the only houses around (aside from all our friends who will want to move with us, of course) and we'll have "family" dinners once a week. The only bad thing is that there won't be a ghetto Target. Sound good?

By the way - the shutters look great Greg ... good job!

p/s - I have no idea what the comment above mine means, but my name is involved ... ?