Saturday, June 23, 2007

Viva Las Vegas


This past week my sis Rach flew me out to Vegas to babysit my two adorable nieces and nephew for a few days. We enjoyed watching sponge bob, seeing the Lions at MGM and swimming at the pool, unfortunately, I brought my camera but forgot the memory card so I have no pictures of them...Greg came out mid week along with a bunch of his work buddies and we had a very relaxing time enjoying the sun at the pool and the shows at night. I think this was the first time we've been to Vegas without having "something" we had to do (like weddings/trade shows/etc). One of the nights we saw David Copperfield who confounded us with his magic...we're still trying to figure out how he got the classic car on stage without being able to see it get there. Another day, we saw the Mack King comedy show, he was really funny. We ended up staying at the Cancun Resort south of the strip, it was one of the "timeshare" deals, so with listening to the 90 minute presentation we had our trip comped, free buffet, tickets to the comedy show, tickets to the Mandalay Bay Aquarium and free slot play...not to shabby. I'm always game for a deal :-) On the way back home i coerced Greg into stopping at the Calico Ghost town, he'd never been there and even though it was over 100 degrees he humored me and we had a good time walking around the town, browsing through the shops, watching a gun show and touring the mining caves.

No comments: