Friday, February 22, 2008

What lack of sleep can do...

Greg and our 17 month old were in the bathroom doing the laundry - where our washer & dryer are located. She was a little nervous about watching it spin around and I could hear Greg coaxing her to take a peek, as I turned the corner to encourage her that it was ok I noticed something bright, pink & shiny swirling around in the laundry....my cell phone! I panicked to open the door of the washer but to my dismay I had child locked it so I had to wait the "eternal" 3 seconds to stop the cycle and rescue my poor phone. It seems to be doing ok...shorts out every now and then but it just needs to hang in there until April 1, the magical day when our contracts are up. See what happens when you're just not fully awake.

3 comments:

The Zandi Zoo said...

HAHAHA..This is where I will put my WELCOME to Mommyhood! :-)

You just made me feel a bit better...Due to lack of sleep of "busy-ness" I washed my cell phone a few months back too. Unfortuntely mine didn't survive the wash. Glad yours did.

Anonymous said...

Just so ya'll know, this happens in homes with out little ones running around. Ask Jason.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am just now getting a chance to get updated from your blog (it's been about 5 months). Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your fostering and your two new little ones. I hope to see you this summer.

Jessica Robinson, Mrs. VA International 2007