Monday, August 11, 2008

Good times, good friends






It's not often Greg and I get the whole day to play but this past week we had just that. My parents offered to watch the girls and Greg and I headed down to San Diego to hang out with my dear friend Judy and her husband Terry. I met Judy at Mrs. Int'l the year I competed, she was Mrs. Nevada, and long story short, she's a friend for life. She was a constant support throughout my year, sending me the cutest notes and goodies as well as a listening ear to hear about what's happening with our family through the foster care process.

So Judy and her husband had a wonderful opportunity to take a little vacay of their own in S.D. and there was no way I was going to miss an opportunity to see my friend live and in person.

We had a fabulous day doing nothing but relaxing on the deck of their condo over looking the ocean, walking the pier, watching the sea lions, and enjoying a yummy dinner at the Cheesecake factory.

I wish I could designate everyday to be a "friend" day and just have the opportunity to soak up each one of my friends. I realized how busy I tend to make myself and how important it is to slow down and enjoy those around you.

No comments: