Monday, August 11, 2008

Hosting at the Kodak Theater

Sunday, Aug 10th I hosted the "Best New Talent" awards show at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles. Originally, I was scheduled to emcee the California Int'l pageants but when Eddie (director of Ca pageants) found out that I had been asked to emcee this show on the same day as his pageants, he graciously found another emcee, Tanya Hutchinson (who just won "She's got the look") and former Mrs. Ca.

I co-hosted the show with Steven Hill, from Real World Las Vegas & host of "Say what Karoke". We had a lot of fun improving our way through a very tough show. Needless to say when you are dealing with a live awards show where there isn't a way to rehearse you can expect a fair share of improv.

Melis, the stylist for Cat Deeley, let me borrow a beautiful cobalt blue Grecian gown and my dear friend Crystal stayed with me backstage helping with makeup and hair.

I had never been in the Kodak theater before...I'd only seen it on American Idol so it was a great experience to be the Host on that stage and in such a beautiful theater. I'm waiting to get some pics from the show and will hopefully be able to post them in the next few days.

After the show I was approached by a company to do an infomercial in the next few weeks so stay tuned to see how that all goes!!

This is a picture from a previous year I hosted the show with "Soul Train" host,Dorian Gregory at the Century Plaza.

1 comment:

kt said...

Sounds really cool! We saw High School Musical--the Musical @ the Kodak. ;-)