Sunday, September 16, 2007

An Afternoon with the Marines


Today I had the honor of singing the National Anthem at a BBQ lunch/Car show at Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base to honor our servicemen & women for what they do to ensure our freedoms on a daily basis. The Viper Car Club came with a host of cars and even brought in some of the wounded warriors in true style. I had the chance to speak to many of the men and talk about their experiences and life as a Marine. I've never seen & heard so many young men in one place say "Yes Ma'am" and "Thank you Mrs. Int'l, Ma'am"...they wouldn't even crack a smile for the camera :-) But that's what I love about our Marines and the discipline they have and the respect for our country and what it stands for...as the Colors came forward and I sang, I could look out and see Marines all over the parade deck standing and saluting...the first time I've ever seen such a deep respect for the song. I'm used to ball parks where you're lucky if a hand goes across the heart...these boys understand what it truly means and for that I am grateful. Thank you to all who serve our country and sacrifice on her behalf.

No comments: