Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day 5 of thanks


Homemade Baked goodies
So I know what you're thinking...what a random list of things you are thankful for. Obviously, this list isn't exhaustive and it is definitely not an order of the things I am most thankful for...it's just a time for me to reflect on whatever happens to pop into my mind at the moment.

And at this moment, I'm eating homemade scones.

Just about on a daily basis my mom bakes something. Literally. From muffins, to cookies, to todays fare - cherry scones. And my mom doesn't cheat a recipe. She does it the very old fashion way, from scratch. Even her frosting is always...from scratch. No store bought goodies from her home. And it made me think how I'm usually rushing from one thing to the next and only have time to "buy" the goodies for my family instead of baking them. On the rare occasion that I do bake I derive such pleasure from the aromas that fill my home to the smiles on the faces of those devouring the sweet treats.

I'm so grateful for a mother who delighted in putting the extra time and effort to make things for her family...and she continues to do so. What a blessing to have my mom just a few short blocks away so my kids {and me too} can still get the homemade goods {even if it's not necessarily me that baked em'}

1 comment:

::Traci:: said...

I am a little bummed I missed this. Your mom rocks!