Thursday, November 6, 2008

Day 6 of thanks



My job
Greg was doing just a little bit of whining about having to go to work today...ok that actually happens just about everyday...and I find that I do the same thing. Most likely we're not alone in the fact that there is a bit o' grumbling before heading out to the workplace.

However, during one of our grumble sessions, Greg pointed out how incredibly blessed we are with our particular jobs. Our jobs have allowed us to be foster parents, to be home owners, to be able to vacation, to have time to pursue outside passions...and while we might complain about having to go to work we are both so grateful that God has blessed us with our jobs.

{The picture is of our missions team in Mexico last year. Greg (in the red shirt) and I were able to take a week off and help build a much needed bathroom - they previously had a hole in the ground with four walls around it - ah yes, an out house.}

There are a number of people at our church who are wrestling with trying to find jobs... and our church has been praying a season of work for our congregation. It convicted me to be ever so grateful for the work God has given Greg and me and the fact it has allowed us to do so much. So many others would be delighted to be heading out to jobs... period.

I am grateful for my job.

No comments: